1) Do Not let a stranger restrain you the first time you play.
2) Do Not let yourself be tied up if you don't feel absolutely safe.
3) Watch out for rope burns.
4) Be aware of comfort levels, particularly with coarse rope.
5) Keep (safety) scissors nearby.
6) Both parties should be aware of safety at all times. The person in
bondage should not forsake safety for pleasure or fantasy fulfillment.
7) Use sport cream, Ben Gay, or Icy Hot on the legs and arms to help
prevent muscle cramps during long term bondage. Wrap them with a
towel to help prevent you from rubbing against the cream.
8) Provide cool water or sport drink (with a straw) often to prevent
9) Do Not tie up a body part so tight that it begins to tingle, feels cold,
or "goes to sleep".
10) Do Not use bondage involving the front of the neck or pressure
points, such as the groin or armpits.
11) When using a gag do not leave him unattended.
12) Do not blindfold a someone wearing contacts. (They should be
removed before play even if a blindfold is not intended.)
13) When using a gag have an audible, bodily signal (i.e., stomp feet,
tap fingers, etc.)